The Soldier City Chapter of Osceola County Historical Society formed on September 6, 2018, with 11 members.
- First fundraiser was a tour of one of St. Cloud’s historic 1910 homes
- Participates in St. Cloud Hipstoric, Battle of Narcoossee and other St. Cloud and Osceola County Historical Society events.
- Recently began the application process for an historic marker from the State of Florida for Mt. Peace Cemetery.
Meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of odd-numbered months at the St. Cloud Main Street office.
2019-2020 Officers & Board Members
Paula Stark – President
Toni Jones – President-elect
Michael Urell – Secretary
Joel Davis – Treasurer
Dues to join the Soldier City Chapter are $10 when you become a member of the Osceola County Historical Chapter at any level. Click here for membership information.
Support the Soldier City Chapter
- The chapter partners with Chili’s Restaurant in St. Cloud for the chapter to receive 20% of sales when accompanied by the Chili’s flyer. This is held the third Monday of each month only at the St. Cloud Chili’s location, 4650 13thStreet. Flyers may be found on the chapter Facebook page.
- Ongoing sales of “Abraham the Alligator” by Paula Allene Stark. This delightful children’s book is available for $15 at Crosby & Associates Inc., 2312 13thStreet, St. Cloud or St. Cloud Main Street office, 903 Pennsylvania Avenue, St. Cloud. Or call Carol Platt at 863-528-8629 to place your order.