Thank you for your interest in working with Osceola History. Open positions will be posted on this page.
Summer 2021 Archival Intern
Osceola History is looking for a summer intern who will assist the Curator with digitizing the archives. The Summer Archival Intern will be tasked with scanning books and photographs with our book scanner and printer scanner, organize all scanned materials on a computer, assist in the reorganization of the archives. The intern will also be expected to assist the museum curator in research projects.
Internship candidate must be:
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university with a degree in History, Anthropology, Museum Studies, or a similar field.
- Proficient in using a PC or Mac, Microsoft word, and Adobe PDFs, and be able to learn how to use scanners.
- Able to work independently and support the mission of the organization.
The potential Archival Intern should schedule an appointment for an interview with the Museum Curator, Michelle Finnegan, at michelle@osceolahistory. org or 407-396-8644 x5.
|Schedule:||10 – 15 hours a week|
|Primary Role:||To digitize archival material and assist with reorganizing the archives under the supervision of the Curator.|
- Able to use programs such as Adobe and Microsoft
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Scan books and photographs utilizing a book scanner and a copy machine
- Create and organize folders on Macbook laptop of all scanned materials
- Assist in the creation and implementation of a plan to reorganize the archival storage areas
- Learn the basics of preservation
Other Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with research projects
- Maintain good attendance and contact Curator if time off is needed
- Work independently and with others
- Support the mission of the organization
The Osceola County Historical Society collects and preserves the county’s history, and provides educational, research, and recreational opportunities to foster an understanding of the area’s cultural and natural heritage for residents and visitors.
The Osceola Historical Society is a 501 c3 non-profit organization.