Current Key Project
Providing period furnishings & materials for the recently restored 1886 Narcoossee Schoolhouse located at 5026 Yukon Street, adjacent to the Narcoossee Fire Station.
Vision: To promote passion for the preservation of the unique history of the Narcoossee Area.
- Formation of an OCHS chapter dedicated to preserving Narcoossee Area history (2012)
- The exterior and interior restoration of the 1886 Narcoossee Schoolhouse (2015-2017).
- Chapter recognition by the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation with an Outstanding Achievement Award in the Restoration/Rehabilitation category for the 1886 Narcoossee Schoolhouse (2018).
- Creation and installation of a commemorative brick display at the schoolhouse (2018-present).
- Ongoing fundraising for restoration and preservation goals through community BBQs, art, craft, & food markets, plant sales, bake sales, and other events and activities.
- To complete the purchase & installation of period furnishings & materials for the historic schoolhouse.
- To prepare conceptual plans and generate support and funding for the “Narcoossee Historical Park” consisting of the historic schoolhouse, the covered carport area for events, a local history museum (in the fire station building) and related landscaping and signage.
- To continue to share our rich local history with area residents and guests.
Want to Join Us?
Be part of a terrific, dedicated group of volunteers and history buffs. Consider membership in Narcoossee History – we invite you to attend a monthly meeting.
Held the first Monday of each month at 5:30pm at the Narcoossee Community Center, 5354 Rambling Road, St. Cloud, FL 34771. (If Monday is a national holiday, then the meeting is held the first Tuesday.)
Engraved Brick Fundraiser
The Narcoossee Chapter is selling engraved bricks to be displayed at the Narcoossee Schoolhouse.
Each brick can have a maximum of 2 lines with 18 characters per line (including spaces).
Click here to order your brick online.
Click here to print an order form and pay by mail.