Bring history alive for your students with a field trip to Pioneer Village or the History Museum.
Field Trip Options include:
- Self-Guided Tours: Allow your students to explore the Pioneer Village or the History Museum individually and at your own pace.
- Guided-Tours: Join one of our docents for a tour at the Pioneer Village or History Museum to get a behind-the-ropes view of the structures and view artifacts.
- Living History: Tour multiple structures from the late 1800s, including a cracker house, a blacksmith shop, a citrus packing house, Seminole Indian village, cow camp and more. Each building is filled with artifacts to showcase the lifestyle of early Florida pioneers. Walk around the Pioneer Village at Shingle Creek and interact with the families who once lived in the homes and buildings you will see. Minimum 15 students. Maximum 200 students.
- Paddling though History: Take a kayak tour down Shingle Creek and experience an eco-tour, then explore living history at the Pioneer Village with the families who once lived in the homes and buildings you will see. Minimum 10 students. Maximum 50 students.
Field Trip Activity Options
We offer additional activities such as arts and crafts or taking a hike along the trails in Shingle Creek Regional Park.
- 1800s Arts & Crafts: This can be an add-on option to any tour option or serve as a single field trip option.
- Trail Hike: This option is an add-on only, take a hike on Shingle Creek Regional Trail and experience real Florida nature. Enjoy the beautiful oak hammock covered trails and see the head waters of the Everglades.
Reservations and a 30% deposit are required for any of the options. This deposit is refundable if we receive notice of your cancellation no less than 30 days prior to your visit.
Blackout dates: New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
Closed toe shoes, such as sneakers are recommended. It also strongly recommended that you wear sunscreen and a hat; the Pioneer Village field trips are outside.
Students should bring a full water bottle.
For availability and rates, call Jozef Bladek at 407-396-8644, ext. 2 or complete the request form below.