Bring history alive for your students with a field trip to Pioneer Village
or the History Museum.
Field Trip or Group Tour Options
(Note: all field trips or group tours require at least a two week notice.)
Tour multiple structures from the late 1800s, including
- a cracker house,
- a blacksmith shop,
- a citrus packing house,
- Seminole Indian village,
- cow camp and more.
Each building is filled with artifacts to showcase the lifestyle of early Florida pioneers. Walk around the Pioneer Village at Shingle Creek and complete a student activity booklet. Depending on staff and volunteer availability during the time of your trip you may have the opportunity to interact with actual costumed people representing the families who once lived in the homes and buildings you will see.
- Maximum 200 students.
Osceola County History Museum
Tour the museum that combines the natural history with the cultural history of the county. You will see
- full-scale diorama recreations of various Florida ecosystems,
- get to know the people and communities which pioneered the development of the county, and
- learn about the industries that thrive here.
Your visit will include a student activity book which will guide you in your exploration.
- Maximum 50 students.
Paddling though History:
Take a kayak tour down Shingle Creek and experience an eco-tour, then explore the Pioneer Village. Minimum 10 students; a maximum 50 students. For more information on this option, please contact The Paddling Center by clicking the link, or call 407-343-7740.
- Reservations and a 30% deposit are required for any of the options.
- Rates are $7 per student and adult.
- The deposit is refundable if we receive notice of your cancellation no less than 30 days prior to your visit.
- Educational staff are free.
- Blackout dates: New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
- Closed toe shoes, such as sneakers are recommended. It is also strongly recommended that you wear sunscreen and a hat for the Pioneer Village field trips, which are outside.
- Students should bring a full water bottle.
- For availability and rates, please complete the form below: