Tucker/Ivey Estate update

Tucker/Ivey Estate update

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 1994 This is an update of a post in Osceola History’s National Register of Historic Places blog post. This Classic Revival style colonial estate in Kissimmee was built about 1915 by J. Wade Tucker, a Georgia lumber baron, and served as his residence. On Feb. 22, 1928, the family home was opened as the Colonial Inn and […]

Continue Reading

National Register of Historic Places

National Register of Historic Places

Osceola County has nine sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Osceola County Courthouse The Osceola County Courthouse was completed on May 6, 1890, for approximately $25,000, and is possibly the oldest courthouse in Florida to be used continuously for county governmental purposes. This Romanesque Revival brick structure is indicative of many courthouses built in the United States during the late 19thcentury. It […]

Continue Reading