The Church of St. Luke and St. Peter

Narcoossee, Florida was established in 1884, and comprised of English immigrants. By 1887, the settlers of Narcoossee began to meet for worship services. Depending on the weather, some of the meeting would be held outdoors, otherwise if there was a chance of rain the meeting would be relocated in someone’s home. Eventually there was talk of building an Episcopal church and fundraising efforts began. The majority of the money was raised locally and some of the funds came from England for the completion of the church in 1897.

Posted in Around Osceola County, History, Narcoossee, Osceola County, Pioneer Village, St. Cloud, The Church of St. Luke and St. Peter | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off on The Church of St. Luke and St. Peter
History is Happening!
Loading...