FISCAL YEAR 2015 /2016 CHAPTER PLAN
To promote passion for preservation of the unique history of the Narcoossee Area.
The Narcoossee Area Chapter of OCHS seeks to restore and preserve the circa 1886 schoolhouse, and to collect, preserve,
and share the Narcoossee Area's rich history.
- Our area history is worth preserving.
- Through our history, we define ourselves and our community.
- Knowing and sharing our history enriches our community and the experiences of those residing or visiting here.
Accomplishments & Goals
- Acquired Narcoossee Schoolhouse from Osceola County and 99 year lease on property. (December 2013)
- Awarded Small Matching Grant from State of Florida for $26,500.00 for historic schoolhouse restoration. (July 2015)
- Raised over $35,500.00 towards restoration of the historic Narcoossee schoolhouse. (As of August 2015)
- Sponsor History Club at Narcoossee Middle School (with 40+ students) and annual Historicon event.
2015-2016 Key Goal
To complete the exterior restoration of the Narcoossee schoolhouse.
Click the picture for Organizational Values