Current Key Project
Providing period furnishings & materials for the recently restored 1886 Narcoossee Schoolhouse located at 5026 Yukon Street, adjacent to the Narcoossee Fire Station.
Vision: To promote passion for the preservation of the unique history of the Narcoossee Area.
- Formation of an OCHS chapter dedicated to preserving Narcoossee Area history (2012)
- The exterior and interior restoration of the 1886 Narcoossee Schoolhouse (2015-2017).
- Chapter recognition by the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation with an Outstanding Achievement Award in the Restoration/Rehabilitation category for the 1886 Narcoossee Schoolhouse (2018).
- Creation and installation of a commemorative brick display at the schoolhouse (2018-present).
- Ongoing fundraising for restoration and preservation goals through community BBQs, art, craft, & food markets, plant sales, bake sales, and other events and activities.
- To complete the purchase & installation of period furnishings & materials for the historic schoolhouse.
- To prepare conceptual plans and generate support and funding for the “Narcoossee Historical Park” consisting of the historic schoolhouse, the covered carport area for events, a local history museum (in the fire station building) and related landscaping and signage.
- To continue to share our rich local history with area residents and guests.
Want to Join Us?
Be part of a terrific, dedicated group of volunteers and history buffs. Consider membership in Narcoossee History – we invite you to attend a monthly meeting.
Held the first Monday of each month at 5:30pm at the Narcoossee Community Center, 5354 Rambling Road, St. Cloud, FL 34771. (If Monday is a national holiday, then the meeting is held the first Tuesday.)
Purchase a commemorative brick to be displayed at the Narcoossee Schoolhouse