The St. Cloud Hotel

The September 23, 1909 edition of the “St. Cloud Tribune” announced completion of the Hotel St. Cloud, as it was originally named. It was built from material salvaged from the Disston Sugar Mill. Two weeks later the newspaper reported it had been filled to capacity since opening; with many sleeping on cots in the hotel parlor and other available places.

LUCIUS L. MITCHELL

Born on May 26, 1846 in Daviess County, Kentucky to John Gideon Mitchell and Elizabeth L. Allen, Lucius Lantonus Mitchell enlisted as a Private on September 9, 1863 at the age of 17. He mustered into Company D, 35th KY Infantry, Union Army.

The Ladies Improvement Club of St. Cloud

While still in its infancy in 1910 and with a huge tent being used for church services and public gatherings, the City of St. Cloud on March 14 of that year, saw the birth of a Woman’s Club.

History is Happening!
Loading...